Kenneth Masungu, a native of Sudan but currently a US Citizen is
the founder of the Young Shepherds (YS), a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
Mr Masungu is a humanitarian that has initiated wonderful programs for the less
fortunate in our world ...
(Read more about Mr Masungu)
The Young Shepherds programs
have two basic areas of focus:
I) International programs include the following initiatives:
II) Domestic programs in Fargo/Moorhead Area in the US include the following:
- Renovation and construction of schools, community colleges, health care centers, hospitals, training centers, churches, public residential areas and fixing of light infrastructure such as small broken bridges
- Establishment and installation of water tanks, water pipes, drilling of bore wells
- Promotion of modern agricultural and farming tools, mixed-farming and supply of seeds
- Conduction of training to the local farmers and the community in modern agricultural tools in various levels:
- Promotion of clean drinking water system, sanitation, microfinance small businesses and leadership
- Provision of residential public living quarters especially to war veterans, elderly & disabled people
- Train the New Americans in variety of basic professional skill development (Sewing, dyeing, brick-making, tiles, plumbing, electrical, computer, ticketing and reservations etc)
- Conduct Adult Education in learning English as a second Language (ESL)
- Conduct Driving and Citizenship Lessons for New Americans
- Conduct youth programs
- Conduct leadership and conflict resolution
- Conduct HIV/AIDS awareness training to the community
- Establish Daycare and recreational community center for the Sudanese so they have easy access to meeting place for social gathering (community meetings, funeral rites and other traditional occasions).
About Us |
Our Mission |
Make A Donation |
Contact Us |
© 2009 The Young Shepherds - West Fargo, ND, All rights reserved.
The Young Shepherds' mission is to help community in building lifelong education,
health care services, agriculture, clean drinking water system, sanitation,
microfinance small business and infrastructure in war-torn Southern Sudan.